Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Word of God: Not an instruction manual

Although I consider myself relatviely young (26 currently), I realized recently that I have been studying the Bible for as long as I can remember. Even before I learned to read I remember being taught of various characters in the Bible and the their stories. As I grew older this learning became deeper and more intense. This process continued on until a few years ago. At this point I began having detailed conversations with my father (maybe at some other time I'll tell you more about him). As a result of these running dialogues, I came to realize (when exactly I'm not sure) that in all my studying and memorizing, I completely missed the purpose of the Bible. The Bible offers so much information. I think we have a tendency many times to see it as a list of do's and don't's; however, if we really look deeply, we can see the truth. We see God. The Bible's sole purpose is to tell us about our Father. It tells us who He is, what He's like, what He's done in the past and why He's done it, what His plans are and so much more. I've entitled this blog "The Real Power of Christ". Hopefully together we can come to the knowledge of understanding what this is. I look forward to sharing and learning with you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading, man. Thanks for commenting yesterday.