Thursday, April 10, 2008

Motivation

To be completely honest, I must say that I struggle with a countless number a things in my pursuit of Christ. Recently it seems like motivation has been a serious stumbling block to me, whether it's dealing with my school work, my job, my family life, and especially my spiritual walk. Today I began thinking about how I had come to this point of my life, not necessarily referring to my lack of motivation but rather my current spiritual status. As I mentioned in my first post, my father started a chain of events in my life that seems to have snowballed (in a good way) into a thirst that never seems to be satisfied. When I study one thing and begin to draw conclusions, it leads to re-examine things I had taken for granted previously as well as look into things I never bothered contemplating. In an effort to let whoever reads this know a little bit more about me, I'll try to explain. My parents always raised my siblings and I to fear God and study His Word, but it always seemed like we did it because that is what they had always known. The things we learned were exactly what we were taught, there was no personally discovery so to speak. A few years ago I began to see a change in my father. The once towering and intimidating man (6'6") now seems humble, gentle and meek. But at the same time he seems so much happier and at peace with his life. We began having a running dialogue about all things spiritual, especially pertaining to Christ. My father and I began studying and realizing many of the things we had been taught do a great disservice to the character of Christ. These began a new time in my life, one that I hope will continue until I pass from this life to the next. Over the next few months I hope to share many of the things both my father and I have studied. I hope they encourage you to look deep with yourself and within the Word to find Christ, to see the power He has and the call He gives. I look forward to hearing from you and may God increase our faith and give us hearts of servants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting you struggle with motivation. You seem to be a very driven man to me in many ways.

I will say it's exciting to me to see the incredible changes you've been going through over the last several years. I see a lot of your dad in you, brother.